HannahMinistry is a non-profit, Christian organization that seeks to provide opportunities to children orphaned by war and disease in northern Rwanda. Special emphasis is placed on child headed households. A typical child-headed household is a home in which a child is faced with the responsibilities of caring for his or her younger siblings. These children are left parentless due to the death of their parents from HIV/AIDS or as a result of the genocide that occurred in Rwanda. Consequently their basic necessities of love, shelter, nutrition, clothing and schooling are not being met.
HannahMinistry provides for these needs through a number of programs designed not only to assist with daily living, but to empower the orphaned children to become educated, productive members of their communities.
Through your generous contributions, Grace Church is supplying monetary support to be used as needed by the organization. Individual support is available through any of the following programs:
- Family Sponsorship - $40.00 a month per family, co-sponsorship $20.00 per family
- Education Program - Elementary - $20.00 a year Secondary - $200 a year College - $1000.00 a year
- Feeding Program - $300.00 per child per year =- 2 meals a day
- Medical Sponsorship - $10.00 per year, per child
- Vocational Training ( Carpentry., Sewing Classes, Card Making, Hairdressing, Mechanics) - $180.00 a year per child - Maximum Training - 2 years
- Advocacy, Counseling, Family Visitation, Homecare, etc. (At this time a program coordinator is needed - $6000.00 per year
- HIV/AIDS Prevention & Awareness Program - $1000.00 a year per whole group
- Livestock - Rotating Goat (This means when the goat gives birth, then the baby goat is given to another family. $25.00
- Milking Goat - $100.00 per goat
- Housing Program -- Traditional Home depending on Location - $1000.00 to $1500.00
- Fund for Income Generating Activities, such as Sewing Machine, Shop, Carpentry Tools, etc. $200.00 per person. (This is for a graduate of the vocational training that HannahMinistry provides.